· Altogether 252 Premium Economy seats will be installed in twelve long-haul aircraft
· High traveling comfort due to more legroom, additional service and extra baggage allowance
· Complete refitting of the Austrian Airlines long-haul fleet to be concluded by the spring of 2018
Following the successful installation and the approval granted by the responsible authorities, the first Austrian Airlines long-haul jet – a Boeing 767 with the aircraft registration OE-LAT – took off on October 26th on its official maiden flight from Vienna to Chicago featuring the new Premium Economy Class seats. The Premium Economy Class will provide room for a total of 18 passengers in the first refitted jet. Starting in the spring of 2018, passengers can enjoy the benefits of the new travel class. A total of 252 new Premium Economy seats will be installed in all of the airline’s twelve long-haul aircraft up until then.
Core element of the new travel class is the new type of seat which offers passengers greater comfort during their journeys compared to conventional Economy Class. Austrian Airlines passengers can already take advantage of the more comfortable seat starting at EUR 99 per route before the completion of the entire conversion of the aircraft and the start of the Premium Economy Class with all its benefits. At present, Austrian Airlines flight attendants are being successively trained for the new Premium Economy Class product.
The new Premium Economy Class at a glance:
· New seat with a broader seat surface and generous seat spacing
· Footrest starting in the second row or leg support with integrated footrest in the first row
· Always a separate central armrest with fold-out table and cocktail table
· 12-inch screen with remote control for the in-flight entertainment system
· Own power outlet and USB port on the seat
· 2 x 23 kg free baggage
· High-quality food selection with menu card
· Welcome drink
· Amenity kit with useful travel accessories